Yesterday, I watched the Godfather movies for maybe the 50th time (smile). Here are ten (10) business lessons I gleaned from the movies:
- If a prospective business partner behaves badly, hold-your-cool. Be kind, shake his hand, compliment him, thank him, and be on your way. Never lose your cool. Besides the Godfather, my favorite character is Tom Hagan. He never lost his cool.
- Insist on hearing bad news immediately. I’m guilty of not wanting to hear bad news or negative feedback. It is best to hear it and act on it immediately.
- Never ask for a second favor is the first one is refused.
- Build a supportive business family around you. Have folks on your team that are loyal and supportive. If there is any inkling of disrespect, ill will, or backstabbing, then get rid of them quickly. Hire slowly and fire fast.
- Only see business prospects if they are serious and respectful. Otherwise, do not take the meeting. read more